NOTE: This preview page is currently being updated to better describe what you will see in our 2024 application. While most of the information is still accurate, the order and layout of the content may be different. We thank you for your patience as we make the necessary changes. Please contact us if you have any specific questions or concerns.
Application Personal Information
Emergency Contact Information
Parent/Guardian Contact Information
Documentation of a Learning and/or Attention Challenge
- Upload the most current comprehensive testing that determined a diagnosis of a learning and/or attention challenge
- Documentation should be legible and include all pages*
- Scan it in PDF or Word format and make sure that the file(s) are less than 20 MB in size
- Save it to a place that is accessible for uploading, such as a computer desktop or a flash drive
- *Please do not password protect your documents.
1. Answer two questions with: Yes or No.
2. Upload your documentation:
a. Click the upload button
b. A window will appear so you may begin the upload process
3. Choose your documents using the select button.
4. Choose your documents from your computer's desktop or a flash drive.
a. Once the upload is finished, you will see a green circle
b. You may remove any documents from this list, before saving, by clicking or tapping the "remove" option on the right; simply look for the red 'X'
c. After you are satisfied with your list, click the save button
5. You will return to the documentation upload popup window after you save your list of documents.
a. You have an option to access and uploaded document by clicking or tapping ' DOWNLOAD '
b. You may remove any document from this list by clicking or tapping the ' X '
c. * You may edit the name of any document by clicking or tapping the edit icon that looks like a pencil: ' '
*Please consider editing the name of each of your documents so that our SALT Center Admissions Team and, eventually, your Student Support Specialist may quickly access a needed document. Most people use the following format:
First & Last Name, Type of Document, Date (mm/dd/yyyy)
6. Please click 'Save and Next' to complete step 5 and go to step 6.
High School, GED, Home School
Information that is automatically downloaded from your UA application. You will have to specify the type of school you attended, private vs. public for example.
1. Click the edit icon.
2. Select the school type from the menu.
3. Save your selection by clicking or tapping the checkmark. Click or tap Save and Next to proceed to step 7.
Recommender Contact Information (Optional)
A recommendation IS NOT required. If a recommender submits a recommendation form, it will be regarded as a supplemental item. Please only list an educational recommender, such as a teacher, tutor, counselor, or school administrator.
1. Click or Tap 'Add Recommender' to start building your list of recommenders. Once your application has been submitted, the person(s) listed will receive a confidential electronic Recommendation Form.
2. Enter data into the fields provided. Each field is required. You will not be able to save and proceed unless there is data in a field.
a. Add the first and last name of your recommender. Please remember rules pertaining to proper names and capitalize the person's first and last name.
b. Add the contact name for your recommender.
c. Add the email address for your recommender. This is absolutely the most crucial information. Please make sure that the full, complete, and correct email address is provided.
3. Please review the list of recommenders and the data. If it is all correct, then click or tap 'Save and Next to move on to step 9.
Prompt: Describe a difficult situation you have encountered in your life and tell us how you handled the situation.
- The SALT Center Admissions Team will not be grading the candidate on his or her writing style, usage, or mechanics
- The information that is shared is most important to us
- We do not impose a word limit
- Please just respond to the prompt
- If you believe this reflection prompt is similar to what was asked of you on the UA Undergraduate Application, you may share the same information here
THIS IS A SAMPLE ESSAY RESPONSE.
The Self-Awareness Survey will provide your Student Support Specialist with valuable information that will support your transition to the University of Arizona and to the SALT Center. Provide a candid evaluation of your level of engagement and/or success in the areas listed. Your responses to the survey are completed using drop-down lists and check boxes.
|Academics:||math skills, study skills, writing skills, reading skills, test-taking skills, second language skills|
|Adaptability:||maturity, handle setbacks, resourcefulness, manage frustration, adapt to new situations|
|organization, time management, focus, completing tasks, motivation|
|Health/Wellness:||sleep habits, eating habits, hearing impairments, chronic illness|
|Life Skills:||self-advocacy, independence, communication skills, social skills, working in groups, engagement (employment, volunteering, etc,)|
This section asks if you will be submitting a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to the University of Arizona Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
In addition, you will be asked if Vocational Rehabilitation will be assisting with your education financially.
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE ONLY. Answer correctly according to your situation. If you would like to know more about these questions, or are not sure how to proceed, please email Dennis Haymore at email@example.com.
Application Review, Sign, Payment Information
Application Review, Sign, Payment Information
- $15 for Arizona residents
- $40 for non-Arizona residents
- Fee Waivers are honored
1. The beginning of this section allows you to review the data you entered on your application.
a. At the end you will be asked to acknowledge that your entries and selections are accurate and complete. This is the time to double-check your answers.
b. Ensure that all names are spelled and capitalized correctly
c. Ensure that all phone numbers and email addresses are correct.
d. After you submit your application, you will not be able to change things.
e. Finally, the application requires an electronic signature.
f. After you place a check in both boxes, click or tap Save and Next to proceed to the processing fee payment section.
2. This portion of step 12 is where you pay your application processing fee.
a. The amount owed will be listed as $15 if you are an Arizona resident, or $40 if you are a non-Arizona Resident. Click or tap the link provided to pay by credit card.
b. If you choose not to pay by credit card, or believe that you qualify for a waiver of our application processing fee, please email Dennis Haymore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
c. Once you have paid the fee click or tap the link to return to the Online Application Menu.
3. This is the Online Application Menu.
a. To return to your SALT Center Application, click or tap 'SALT Center.'
b. You will be brought back to Step 12, the final step in your application.
4. By Re-entering your SALT Center online application you may either: pay an outstanding application processing fee or upload additional documentation to your application.