Fees & Scholarships
Fee BreakdownClick or enter to reveal information below
Undergraduate Lower Division Students
- Students with fewer than 60 completed credits
- $2,800.00 per semester ($5,600.00 per academic year)
Undergraduate Upper Division Students
- Students with 60 or more completed credits
- $1,200.00 per semester ($2,400.00 per academic year)
- Individual tutoring will be charged on an hourly basis at $21.00 per hour
- Students may request tutoring in any class (The SALT Center cannot guarantee the availability of tutors in every UA course, especially upper-division courses)
- Upper division tutoring fees will be billed to the student's bursars account at the end of the semester, and will not exceed the difference between the lower division and upper division rates
- The SALT Center does not prorate fees for part-time enrollment
- Fees are per semester regardless of the number of enrolled units
Pre-session, Summer Session and/or Winter Session Students
Students utilizing tutoring services during pre-session, summer and/or winter sessions will be billed $21.00 per hour
SALT Center Scholarship Award ApplicationClick or enter to reveal information below
2019 - 2020 SALT Center Scholarship Award
The SALT Center offers a need-based scholarship award to help compensate for the fees associated with participating in the program. The majority of our scholarship awards are funded by donations from our generous supporters to ensure that deserving students have access to the SALT Center regardless of their family's financial status.
Incoming freshmen, transfer students, and currently enrolled students are welcome to apply.
INSTRUCTIONS for Completing the Scholarship ApplicationClick or enter to reveal information below
- Please view Frequently Asked Questions about the SALT Center Scholarship Award Application for important details.
- Please complete all fields on the fillable-field application.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: If necessary, please submit a Word document that contains relevant financial information that is not reflected on the FAFSA application. This section is OPTIONAL.
EMAIL your completed SALT Center Scholarship Award Application materials to: email@example.com
The DEADLINE to submit all SALT Center Scholarship Award Application materials is: MARCH 1, 2019
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS About The SALT Center Scholarship AwardClick or enter to reveal information below
Who is eligible to apply for a scholarship?
1. Students with financial need.
2. Students who are enrolled at UA and at the SALT Center.
3. Students who are enrolled full-time (12 credits each semester for fall and spring).
4. Students who are in good academic standing.
What is required to be considered for a scholarship?
- A FAFSA application must be submitted to the UA Financial Aid Office before March 1, 2019.
- A completed SALT Center Scholarship Award Application must be submitted before March 1, 2019.
What are the terms of the scholarship?
- Scholarships are awarded for one specific academic year, unless otherwise noted in the award email.
- Scholarships cover the SALT Center program fee for fall and/or spring semesters only.
- Scholarship awards will be adjusted if a recipient were to move to the Upper Division program fee during an academic year.
- Scholarship awards are posted to a recipient’s Bursar’s account in two parts, one in fall and one in spring, unless otherwise noted in the award email.
- Scholarships are non-negotiable.
- Scholarship awards may be from a different donor or be a different amount each academic year.
Why is a scholarship award good for only one year?
Students must apply each academic year for a SALT Center Scholarship Award because of many factors. Situations that influence our ability to make financial awards to students each year include the following:
• The amount of dollars donated for scholarships
• The number of students who apply for a scholarship
• The amount of financial need reflected in each applicant’s FAFSA report
• Consequently, a student may not receive the same named scholarship or the same award amount each year.
In rare cases, a student may not qualify for a need-based award if the family’s economic situation improves dramatically.
How much scholarship money is available?
- Scholarships are funded by generous donors.
- Scholarships are based on available funds each academic year.
- Scholarships may vary in amount and name from year to year for recurring recipients.
- Scholarship awards range between 10% and 50% of the SALT Center program fee.
- Scholarship percentages are based on available funding, the number of applicants, and financial need.
When are scholarship awards determined?
The Scholarship Committee processes scholarship applications in order of financial need based on FAFSA information that is submitted to the UA Financial Aid Office.
Every effort is made to notify students with the greatest financial need beginning in late May via their UA email account.
Award notifications will be sent through the summer as long as scholarship dollars are available.
What are the requirements to keep my scholarship?
- Recipients should attend a scholarship celebration event held each February.
- Recipients should write a Thank You note to the donor of their scholarship, when instructed.
What is the communication procedure when addressing scholarship topics?
- Policy dictates that communication will be directed to students via their UA email account.
- An official notification of a scholarship award will be sent via UA email at the end of May.
What if I miss the March 1 deadline?
- Candidates who apply after the deadline will be placed on a waiting list.
- Consideration of a scholarship will occur after awards for qualifying candidates have been determined and only if funds are available.
- Waiting list candidates may be considered for a “spring only” award if funds become available.
Arizona AssuranceClick or enter to reveal information below
For incoming freshmen who are enrolled in the SALT Center and who qualify as Arizona Assurance Scholars, the SALT Center will provide a scholarship for one academic year only to cover the SALT Center program fee. Students will need to apply for a SALT Center need-based scholarship each academic year after the freshmen year.
UA Scholarship UniverseClick or enter to reveal information below
Scholarship Universe - We believe every student deserves an opportunity for a scholarship. We also believe finding, applying for and managing scholarships should be a snap. That's why we built Scholarship Universe; an advanced scholarship management system for our students and departments. We match Wildcats to thousands of UA and non-UA opportunities and we fast-tracked the application process for UA scholarships. Wildcats have brought in over two million dollars each of the last two years from non-UA opportunities alone. Our departments select and award millions more each year via the Scholarship Universe system.