Enrollment Events 2022
Enrollment Event ChecklistClick or enter to reveal information below
Fulfill the following two enrollment steps before MAY 1, 2022 to reserve a spot in our academic support program. Spots are limited.
Historically, April 1st has been the date that the SALT Center has reached capacity and initiated a Waiting List. SALT Center candidates are encouraged to submit a complete application and complete our enrollment steps by this date in order to have the highest chance of avoiding the waiting list.
1. SUBMIT a SALT Center New Student Participation Agreement
Access the SALT Center's New Student Participation Agreement online through the Next Steps Center. The agreement must be submitted in order to officially reserve your place in the SALT Center for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Please note that by enrolling in the SALT Center you are agreeing to:
(1) participate for a minimum of two consecutive semesters
(2) pay a program fee for academic support services
Important Note: After submitting your New Student Participation Agreement, a SALT Center enrollment fee of $200 will be charged to your Bursar’s account. The SALT Center enrollment fee also covers the cost of the SALT Center New Student Enrollment Event.
Expect the SALT Center program fee to be billed to your UA Bursar’s account in July.
Attendance is required at the SALT Center Enrollment Event and at the UA New Student Orientation.
In order to prepare you to become a University of Arizona student using SALT Center services, the SALT Center and the University of Arizona will conduct several events for new students that span through June 2022.
Freshmen: The SALT Center Enrollment Event is scheduled on the day before the UA Orientation
Freshmen can Register for both the SALT Center Enrollment Event & UA Orientation by selecting one pair of dates listed on the UA Next Steps Center website at nextsteps.arizona.edu.
Transfer & Current UA Students: The format of the SALT Center Enrollment Event has not yet been determined. Registration for this event will be conducted by the SALT Center Admissions Team. More information will be provided at a later date.
- When registering for Orientation in UA Next Steps Center, students will select both the SALT Center Enrollment Event & UA Orientation with one click.
- SALT Center Enrollment Event and UA Orientation are separate events.
- SALT Center Enrollment Event and UA Orientation date confirmations will be sent in separate emails. Check your CatMail email account for these notifications.
- Changes made to Orientation/Enrollment Event must be done through nextsteps.arizona.edu
Enrollment Event DatesClick or enter to reveal information below
SALT Center Enrollment Event & University of Arizona New Student Orientation
(all taking place virtually online)
*Note: Some of the dates listed below may not be accessible through the Next Steps Center until later in the year.
- June 2, 2022: SALT Center
- June 3, 2022: University of Arizona
- June 7, 2022: SALT Center
- June 8, 2022: University of Arizona
- June 9, 2022: SALT Center
- June 10, 2022: University of Arizona
- June 14, 2022: SALT Center
- June 15, 2022: University of Arizona
- June 16, 2022: SALT Center
- June 17, 2022: University of Arizona
- June 21, 2022: SALT Center
- June 22, 2022: University of Arizona
Transfer & Continuing University of Arizona Students
- August 2022 (date TBA): SALT Center
Enrollment Event DetailsClick or enter to reveal information below
Virtual enrollment event details
- SALT Center Families will be sent a link to access the virtual enrollment event on the date they have selected for their session
- Students and parents/guardians should complete the session together
- The session can be completed at anytime the date of your event.
- Upon completion of the session, an email will be sent asking for an additional form to be completed. Receipt of this form will indicate full completion of the session.
Transfer & Current Students
This Enrollment Event is conducted in August before the start of classes. Details will be sent to you via email, once they are finalized.
New Student ExperienceClick or enter to reveal information below
August, 2022 (Date TBA) at the University of Arizona (in-person)
The SALT Center’s New Student Experience (NSE) is an event designed to provide relevant and timely information to incoming students just prior to the start of classes. Students will learn about time management, study skills, and other university resources, as well as make new friends.
All incoming students enrolled in the SALT Center for the first time are expected to attend. No further registration is required.
Remember to bring your laptop computer.
New Parent ExperienceClick or enter to reveal information below
August 2022 (Date TBA)
New Parent Experience (NPE) is an exclusive Zoom event for the families and supporters of incoming students enrolled in the SALT Center. Attend this virtual event to better understand how your new Wildcat will engage with our services and learn strategies to support them during the first semester.
- Student Services
- Student Support Specialists
- Psychological and Wellness Services
- Flexible in-person and online meetings
Gear-UpsClick or enter to reveal information below
Get ready for fall by attending our Gear-Ups on educational technology. Topics cover essential University of Arizona software, online learning platforms, and educational apps for academic success. Gear-Ups will help you set up your digital workspace with a system for keeping track of assignments, emails, & appointments. These are hands-on sessions, which may involve setting up alerts, installing software, and learning how to use apps for note taking, reading, writing, & studying.
Dates and Registration TBA