Support with Educational Technology
Our educational technology team guides students to apps and tools that provide accessibility to course material and support individual learning styles. The team also assists students with using innovative technology throughout the building.
Students may schedule an appointment or drop in to see a student Tech Coach or the Educational Technology Coordinator.
Support Focus Areas:
- Online learning platforms used by UA courses
- Catmail & Calendars
- Apps for studying, time management, organization and mind mapping
- Audio Note Taking Apps and the Smart Pen+
- Read and Write Gold+
- Innovative Technology within the SALT Center+
Audio Note Taking Apps and the Smart PenClick or enter to reveal information below
Audio Note Taking apps on laptops and tablets capture the entire lecture and empower students to review key concepts and fill in missing items. It offers great benefits to students struggling with Dysgraphia, ADHD, Auditory Processing, etc.
- Selective playback
Tech Coaches steer students toward the appropriate apps and demonstrate how to use the technology.
The Smart Pen
Students may make an appointment with the Educational Technology Coordinator for a Smart Pen demonstration. The Smart Pen is available for short term checkout with a follow-up meeting to discuss how well the pen fits the student’s individual notetaking needs.
Read and Write Gold (free assistive technology software)Click or enter to reveal information below
The UA software license site provides free access to this software to all of its students to install on their personal devices. Both Windows and Mac versions are available.
- Text-to-speech – you can listen to your documents and web pages
- Audio Files - Create a MP3 of your documents to listen on the go
- Voice recognition – talk to your computer and it types what you say
- Highlighting tools – highlight key points in your document
- Collect Highlights – pull out all your highlights onto a separate document for studying or research
- Dictionary - to look up terms
- Mind Mapping – use the brainstorming mode to quickly organize thought bubbles with the ability to convert them into an outline