SALT Center Faculty Fellow Promotes Student Engagement
The SALT Center is extremely fortunate to have Dr. Lisa Elfring on board as our Faculty Fellow again this year. Research indicates that students tend to be more academically successful when they are immersed in a supportive campus environment with tailored guidance. Lisa is an Associate Professor of Molecular and Cellular Biology as well as the Assistant Vice Provost for Instruction and Assessment and brings with her over 20 years of experience working with students at the University of Arizona. At the SALT Center, Lisa serves as an invaluable mentor to our students connecting with them in a generally non-academic setting. She organizes social events, short field trips around campus, and stress-relief activities through crafting. She genuinely enjoys learning about students and their individual journeys through the University of Arizona.
Here are some fun facts about Lisa:
- She is continually looking to learn new things.
- She enjoys Jazz music and Led Zeppelin.
- She likes camping off the beaten path in the mountains.
- She recharges by spending time with her family.
- She is fascinated by the stories of women who were peripheral in the stories of famous men throughout history, such as Martha Washington, Abigail Adams, etc.
- She would like to learn to scuba dive one day.
- She dreams of visiting Africa to observe the animals, the people, and the geography, as well as experience the culture.
Lisa can be found engaging with students in the SALT Center during her scheduled visits. Students are encouraged to stop by and say hello and to contact her to learn about opportunities to get connected.
Lisa Elfring's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.