Faculty Fellow Joins SALT Center Team
Last fall, the SALT Center welcomed Dr. Lisa Elfring, Associate Professor of Molecular and Cellular Biology, as our Faculty Fellow. Lisa is eager to engage with students, faculty, and staff from other disciplines to learn more about their experiences and challenges. She also looks forward to expanding her own knowledge and understanding of how students learn.
What is the Faculty Fellow Program, you may ask? It is a group of 45 UA faculty dedicated to promoting student engagement and success by creating a supportive environment on campus. You can learn more at: http://saem-aiss.arizona.edu/sr-vp/faculty-programs/faculty-fellows/
Here are some fun facts about Lisa:
- She has been with the UA for 19+ years.
- She is continually looking to learn new things.
- She enjoys Jazz music and Led Zeppelin.
- She likes camping off the beaten path in the mountains.
- She recharges by spending time with her family.
- She is fascinated by the stories of women who were peripheral in the stories of famous men throughout history, such as Martha Washington, Abigail Adams, etc.
- She would like to learn to scuba dive one day.
- She dreams of visiting Africa to observe the animals, the people, and the geography, as well as experience the culture.
Lisa can be found engaging students in the SALT Center Student Lounge during peak hours. Students are encouraged to stop by and say hello.
We also congratulate Lisa on her recent appointment to the position of Assistant Vice Provost for the Office of Instruction & Assessment.