Enrollment Events 2018
Enrollment Event DatesClick or enter to reveal information below
OUT-OF-STATE: UA New Student Orientation w/ SALT Center Enrollment Event
- Sunday, April 8, 2018 Seattle (SALT Center & UA)
- Sunday, April 22, 2018 Chicago (SALT Center & UA)
• Sunday, April 29, 2018 New York City (SALT Center & UA)
UA CAMPUS: SALT Center Enrollment Event & UA New Student Orientation
- Thursday, May 24, 2018 SALT Center (half day)
- Friday, May 25, 2018 UA (full day)
- Thursday, May 31, 2018 SALT Center (half day)
- Friday, June 1, 2018 UA (full day)
- Thursday, June 7, 2018 SALT Center (half day)
- Friday, June 8, 2018 UA (full day)
- Thursday, June 21, 2018 SALT Center (half day)
- Friday, June 22, 2018 UA (full day)
- Tuesday, June 26, 2018 SALT Center (half day)
- Wednesday, June 27, 2018 UA (full day
- Thursday, June 28, 2018 SALT Center (half day)
- Friday, June 29, 2018 UA (full day)
Enrollment Event DetailsClick or enter to reveal information below
Out-of-state enrollment event details - APRIL
- Seattle, Chicago and New York Enrollment Event information will be sent at a later date.
- 40 students per session (parents are welcome to attend).
- Students will be required to complete an online activity prior to attending. Instructions will be provided closer to the event date.
- A structured forty-five-minute SALT Center session will be conducted.
On-campus enrollment event details - MAY & JUNE
- Student Union Memorial Center - Tucson Room (Student Union rooms are often cold, so please dress accordingly)
- 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Check-In & Pick up Materials (Registered Guests Only. Assigned seating is in effect)
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. - Program
- 40 students per session (Parents are welcome to attend)
- A structured half day session is scheduled
- Students will be required to complete an online activity prior to attending
- Light snacks and beverages will be provided
Transfer & Current Students
This Enrollment Event is conducted in August before the start of classes. More information will be provided by the SALT Center Admissions Team at a later date.
Enrollment Event ChecklistClick or enter to reveal information below
Fulfill the following two enrollment steps before MARCH 1, 2018 to reserve a spot in our academic support program. Spots are limited. Historically, we reach our enrollment limit about March 1.
1. SUBMIT a SALT Center New Student Participation Agreement
You will find a SALT Center New Student Participation Agreement on the UA Next Steps Center website at nextsteps.arizona.edu. The agreement must be submitted in order to officially reserve your place in the SALT Center for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Please note that by enrolling in the SALT Center you are agreeing to:
(1) participate for a minimum of two consecutive semesters
(2) pay a program fee for academic support services
2. REGISTER for the SALT Center Enrollment Event & UA New Student Orientation
Attendance is required at the SALT Center Enrollment Event and at the UA New Student Orientation.
In order to prepare you to become a University of Arizona student using SALT Center services, the SALT Center and the UA will conduct several events for new students: two out-of-state events in April, five on-campus events in May and June, and a transfer/currently enrolled student event in August.
Freshmen: The SALT Center Enrollment Event at the UA out-of-state Orientation is forty-five minutes in length.
Freshmen: The SALT Center Enrollment Event on-campus is a half day and is scheduled
on the day before the UA Orientation, which is a full day in length.
Freshmen can Register for both the SALT Center Enrollment Event & UA Orientation by selecting one pair of dates listed on the UA Next Steps Center website at nextsteps.arizona.edu.
Transfer & Current UA Students: The SALT Center Enrollment Event on-campus is a half-day
event and is scheduled in August before classes begin. Registration for this event will be conducted by
the SALT Center Admissions Team. More information will be provided at a later date.
Complete Parent/Guardian Information Form
The Parent/Guardian Information Form must be submitted to complete SALT Center enrollment.
The form will be sent to the parent/guardian listed on the SALT Center Online Application automatically after the New Student Participation Agreement has been submitted through the UA Next Steps Center.
This form will help parents/guardians stay connected to a variety of upcoming events and publications.
- When registering for Orientation in UA Next Steps Center, students will select both the SALT Center Enrollment Event & UA Orientation with one click.
- SALT Center Enrollment Event and UA Orientation are separate events.
- SALT Center Enrollment Event and UA Orientation date confirmations will be sent in separate emails. Check your CatMail (firstname.lastname@example.org) account for these notifications.
- Changes made to Orientation/Enrollment Event must be done through nextsteps.arizona.edu
SALT Center - New Student ExperienceClick or enter to reveal information below
Held before the first week of classes - AUGUST
The SALT Center’s New Student Experience is a program designed to provide relevant and timely information to incoming students just prior to the start of classes. Students will learn about time management, study skills, and other University resources, as well as make new friends.
DAY: Thursday, August 16, 2018
TIME: 4:00PM - 6:30PM
SALT Center - New Parent ExperienceClick or enter to reveal information below
Parents will learn more about how their students can utilize SALT Center services during the first few weeks of the semester and the year ahead. They will also have the opportunity to meet other parents and discuss how to support their new Wildcats. This event is held just prior to the start of classes.
DAY: Thursday, August 16, 2018
TIME: 1:00PM - 2:00PM